Jan 16, 2012

1/16/11

So I got back in Shippensburg on Saturday. It was ridiculously hard to leave this time. I spent a lot of time with my family and this was the first break that I've been home in over a year that I wasn't working and could enjoy myself. My dad actually asked to be laid off for a month and when they laid him off he said "I will be home for the rest of your break!" with the biggest smile on his face. We were extremely close when I was younger until I started college and was never around anymore. This break we became a lot closer again and I loved it. So when I had to leave on Saturday and he stood there waiting to say goodbye I almost cried. It was the hardest because it was probably the last time I will be living with my parents. So yesterday I called him and he said he missed me so much and that he went into my bedroom and was almost in tears because he wishes I was home. Well this made my bawl my eyes out. I guess I will just have to go home and visit as often as I can. Good thing I'm not too far away.

On a lighter note, I'm starting my new diet and exercise plan today. And when I say diet I mean healthy eating, not diet soda and starvation. I got a multivitamin to help with my energy levels and some green tea extract. I'm really excited to start and it's nice to have Derek doing the same thing so I'm not alone and can avoid temptation easier. I'm also keeping a food diary to help me kind of see how much I eat in a day and change habits accordingly. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I just cried reading this. I'm so happy you got to spend so much great time with your family. My dad and I were very close when I was younger...and we barely talk now, so this hit me hard. But I'm so glad you and your dad are finding your great relationship again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thanks Samm! I saw your tweet that you talked to you dad the other day. I hope it was good and I hope you can rebuild your relationship!

    ReplyDelete